1. What is the purpose of the additional communication channel called W-Link in the Barryvox avalanche transceiver?
The additional communication channel, W-Link, in the Barryvox avalanche transceiver serves the purpose of enabling quick and reliable recognition of other avalanche transceivers that also transmit W-Link information during a search.
2. What is the difference between the US and the EU versions?
Varying regulations in different countries prevent the use of a single international frequency for this purpose. For this reason, we offer two different preconfigured versions of the devices. One for the European region (EU version) and the other for North America and Oceania (US version).
The only difference between the two versions is the preconfigured W-Link frequency. This does not affect the standard signal of the avalanche transceiver, and the devices are 100% compatible with other avalanche transceivers and which each other.
3. How can I change the W-Link frequency of a Barryvox® S or Barryvox®?
Please note that the user settings in the Barryvox S only allow switching between the assigned region and OFF in order to travel legally in another region. The settings on the Barryvox are fixed and any change must be performed at a Service Center.
4. What are the different W-Link regions and their corresponding colors in the Barryvox device?
- W-Link region A: Europe and neighboring countries, represented by the color light gray.
- W-Link region B: US, Canadian, New Zealand, and Australian version, represented by the color dark gray.
- Countries without W-Link: represented by the color black.
- Countries with an unknown regional division: represented by the color white.
5. Can the user change the frequency band in the Barryvox device?
No, the frequency provisions of the Barryvox device do not allow the user to change the frequency band. To take his or her Barryvox on a trip to a different region, the user can switch the W-Link off and then switch it back on again on returning home.
6. Does the W-Link region affect the signal used in the search for buried subjects in the Barryvox device?
No, the W-Link region has no effect on the signal used in the search for buried subjects. Searches are still possible between devices from all regions.
7. What happens if the W-Link is switched off in the Barryvox device?
If the W-Link is switched off in the Barryvox device, it will not be possible to transmit or receive vital data.